[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Monday, June 6th, 2016|
Another year come and gone. Alot has changed but not really. Married 11+ years now with 2 boys. Manager of a hair salon now, still doing hair tho. Still living in British Columbia, BC.
Hobbies now include kayaking, mini golfing, and walking.
And thats about all i have for now... till the next time (in a year or two, or A month... who knows)
|Friday, November 13th, 2015|
Weee this is still around and so am I. Its been forever and a day it seems and time sure does go by pretty fast.
|Friday, September 28th, 2012|
well I handed out a single resume... just one...
3 hours later I have a call for an interview
22 hours after said phone call I have the interview and the job!
I always found it amazing that when I go looking for work how easy of a
time I have finding that job... its just too easy! Sometimes I wish I
actually had to make an effort but I will stay with easy tho.
|Wednesday, September 26th, 2012|
It's amazing how many turns there are in the road of life.
My boys are both finally in school full time. We're in week 3 as I now begin my search for a job (hair stylist). It's been 7 years that have gone by way to quickly. It was nice to stay at home raising my boys. I find myself both happy and sad that we all are starting new journeys and ending another chapter of our lives.
|Tuesday, August 9th, 2011|
Well the kids are somewhere on the main land!!! It's amazing to think that it would take a 30 min car ride to the farry's, a 2 hour farry ride, another 10 HOUR car ride just to get to them if there was an emergancy (provided they aren't on the other island they are staying - that would add another 30 mins?).
Thankful for the wonderful grandparents / aunt who have taken them for the 2 weeks!! I really do have pretty great (most of the time) in-laws.
In other news... my younger sister moved out here a year and a half ago. My older sister is comming for a visit this weekend. One has never camped... ever!!!! and she's almost 30! the other has only camped once... that was over 20 years ago with the Girl Guilds. I'm taking them camping and making them totally rough it while I take most of the comfort (ie air mattresses, the good big tent etc.). They are insisting on one day only... well, since one day is sunrise to sunset we will check in Saturday afternoon and checkout Monday at 11am. 1 day is one full day... there is no half days with a night thrown in... one full day and 2 nights - and a really good food fight just because they don't like to get dirty!!! I dont mind the dirt so much as the boys are now 4 and 6 and we know how to get dirty.
|Friday, August 5th, 2011|
wow, its been over a year!!!! I'm sitting here enjoying some quiet... the kids left Wednesday night and they are not expected back for another week and a half. It's so very quiet. I have caught up on sleep, have had more sex then I usually have in a month in a matter of a couple of days, and the place is mostly clean!
Now to get my dishes and laundry done so that I can enjoy the rest of my "trip".
|Monday, July 12th, 2010|
|Now Lets Go Out and Play
Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it quite openly - the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows, little smudges on the doors.
I should apologize, I guess, for toys strew on the floor. But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read.
And if the bathtub doesnt shine, their eyes will shine instead.
For when, at times, Im forced to choose the one job or the other, I want to have a lovely house, but first I 'll be a mother.
|Thursday, March 11th, 2010|
The day is dreary. It's raining, no sign of the sun at all. I'm sitting in my office, the lights off even without the presence of the sun shinning in. The boys are playing quietly in their room together. Its nice to be able to sit and have a clear thought in my head. Doesn't seem to happen near as often as I'd like with the boys. When Son # 1 enters school perhaps things will calm down a bit!
|Friday, December 18th, 2009|
|HOLIDAY EATING TIPS
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare.. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Holiday party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.
8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.
10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Have a Merry Christmas & a great holiday season!!
|Friday, November 20th, 2009|
So the Santa Clause parade is tomorrow at 5:30, the forcast says rain. We've had rain for the past few weeks and I am tired of it, really.
Despite the rain however I am finding myself getting wrapped up in the "magic" of it all. I am looking forward to standing at the parade getting wet, watching the boys having fun watching and puddle splashing. Joey is a really good puddle jumper who can spot a great one miles away.
I can not wait to put my lights on the balcony. Normally there is no xmas decorations of any sort till the first weekend of December. BUT the HECK with tradition! I'm starting a new one! the decorations go up the weekend of the Santa Clause Parade! Can't wait.
Husband wont be to happy when I tell him when he gets home from work. oh well ! Happy Holidays!
To think I left Toronto to get away from every thing and every one ... i find myself talking to my sister who's telling me shes comming for a visit, no more then a month while her b/f finds an apartment over on the main land!
Now everyone is following me * CRY *
Here's to hoping that its just a sister following and ends there =D Current Mood: curious
|Wednesday, July 8th, 2009|
|Tuesday, June 9th, 2009|
| Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So - if you give her any crap, you will receive a ton of shit!!!
|Monday, June 1st, 2009|
|Monday, March 16th, 2009|
I'm wondering if anyone knows a nice way to tell (or not tell) a "friend" that you just don't want to be friends with them anymore?
Joey is due for his 18 month shots today (yes 4 months late - I'm horrid with these things). I am not looking forward to this, the holding down my child, to hearing him cry in pain and then discomfort. I know I'm doing the right thing for him, but its soooo hard.
It is a good thing that neither the boys will need them again till school - David in only a year and a half! They do grow up so fast.
|Monday, March 9th, 2009|
And have I mentioned lately that over the last 10 years or so I have managed to loose a bit of weight since my cam days! And it as all lost within the last year. I have managed to loose approximently 60 lbs and still going (hopefully). Still slightly over weight but now manageable. I got another 20 lbs to loose till I am completely happay with my weight (but still damn happy where i am).
snow in march!!!!!! ugly view at this time of year... especially in Victoria, BC. Its sorta unheard off. The kids loved it, We went out and David tried to build a snowman (a 3 year olds version). Then when we got too cold we came back inside, climbed up 4 stories of stairs, down one, up one then down 2 in the elevator! Tons of good fun - too bad they dont seem tired enough for their naps!
|Friday, March 6th, 2009|
Its absolutely amazing watching these children learn, grow, laugh, and in general have fun. Every day is different and its great.
|Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009|
I have way to much clutter!!! Clutter in the closets, clutter in boxes and desks and just about everywhere!!
Does anyone have any advice on how to de-clutter?